Thursday, July 24, 2008














July-We were busy this month making over a desk for a customer who was redoing a room for her young daughter. I usually shy away from rolltop desks but I have known this customer since I started out approx 7 years ago and wanted to give it a try. It came out very pretty. She had done the room in the new colors of pink and brown with the large "retro" flowers. This made a pretty addition.






We also did a boy's room for a friend of a friend. She wanted the rain forest theme but I am not good with animals. I am still growing. I have trouble with the faces. She had the idea to buy some transfers, they are like removable decals, and place them among the painting. That way I was still able to paint the palm tree and branches and leaves and she was still able to have the cute animals around. I thought it looked cute when all was said and done.

No comments: