Monday, March 9, 2009

Handpainted Furniture, Handpainted Sign




Had a little too much time on my hands at the store finishing some projects a little quicker than I thought I would. I decided to paint inside this frame at the store. The frame originally came from a full length mirror we had bought for home. When my husband was putting it up, the screw was just a little to close to the mirror, and crack, the mirror broke. I said "Don't throw it out, I can use it at work!". He came down and hung it over the window for me so I could paint something in it. I thought this was a great idea since this was a "dead" space. Well, it is dead for a reason. As I was teetering on the top rung of a not so dependable ladder I realized I should have thought it through a little better. I don't heal as fast as I use to and really had quick a few "near misses". Well, now that it is done, it makes a nice addition to the wall, but I won't do it again.

No comments: